Letter of Introduction (Draft 2)

 Dear Professor Brad,

I am writing to formally introduce myself to you. My name is Chen Chi Lok (Roy). I have been pursuing courses related to engineering since college started. I graduated with a Nitec in mechatronics engineering at the Institute of Technical Education, followed by a diploma in biomedical engineering at Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP). Currently, I am a first year student studying robotics systems engineering at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).

The good thing about being an engineer is that if something isn't working my way, I can just make it exactly how I want it. With that knowledge applied, I can now control my room ambience and temperature verbally with voice control via the Apple HomePod. As a side hustle, I list my smart home technology integration service on the app “Carousell”. The app serves as a platform where my customers can engage me to install smart home gadgets to minimize physical interactions with switches for better efficiency. In the future, I would like to create an A.I for commercial use. However, the idea of an A.I going rogue is real, so to further understand the concept of A.I, I chose robotics systems engineering.

Aside from hard skills, I acquired soft skills during my polytechnic days. As a NYP Ambassadorial Team executive committee, I was groomed to be a leader and an effective communicator because is necessary to give the impression of an advocate to support my peers and boost the morale of my team members.

However, despite having the confidence to express my idea during formal meetings with our team manager, I have trouble getting my point across clearly. I would blank out moments after my mouth opens and stutter. 

Fast forward to 2 years after the Covid-19 situation, I realized my communication skills are affected. I no longer speak as well as I used to and I believe it is due to a lack of practice. I am eager to retrieve the essential skill of communication through this module, unlearn the false practices and improve my writing skills with your mentorship.

 

Best regards,

Chen Chi Lok (Roy)

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter of Introduction (Draft 1)

Summary Reader Response Draft #4

Summary Reader Response Draft #3